Saturday, March 28, 2009

Nano! No, no

Finally Nano’s birth has taken place after a lot of complications and calamities. Tata’s dream to have a dwarf Nano is fulfilled after 6 years of waiting. Tata has had nightmares everyday for a year or so. Tata had fought a long battle to protect Nano. In her paternal home they wanted to terminate it in the beginning of the term. At last, Tata found a safe home for Nano between maternal and paternal homes. She survived there. Nano’s birth was announced to the entire nation through the media. A large crowd had gathered around to have a glimpse of her. People are waiting to adopt her. I am waiting to count the accidents she is going to cause. Adopters will sing a lullaby to her, mere ghar aayi ek nanhi pari… ek nanhi pari…

Almond eyed Nano look cute. Children will like it very much. It looks more like a toy car. Small is beautiful but big is useful. Size does matter. I wonder if a dwarf can do everything like normal people do. I fear Nano’s running on Mumbai roads, especially on high ways. If hit it will fly up into the air. Chances are Nano throwing tantrums at turnings and on roads with speed breakers. I do not have a car. I still like old Ambassador. It is very comfortable. Old is gold. I sense the difference between an old car and modern car when I travel. I feel comfortable when I travel by a taxi (Premire Padmini). High back seats in modern cars like Maruti obstruct the outside view. I find it difficult to get in and get out of it with my body movement problem. Machine’s function is more important than its beauty.

There are certain rules and limitations for creating things. Geometry is the basic of creations. There is a geometrical outline for everything that is on the earth. The things we create should be proportionate, be it house, building or furniture. Designers are out there to design anything and everything today. They design something blindly and out of rules for the sake of designing. All designer products are available in the market nowadays-designer furniture, designer ware, designer wear, designer sarees, and designer jewellery- there is long list of them. Some furniture they design unconventionally to look interior elegant are not comfortable. It is only to waste space. Interior decorators also over decorate flats and houses and make it congested. Observe the things that Nature has created. Creations should not go against Nature’s rules. I just expressed my apprehension. May be I am underestimating Nano. You may call me a pessimist. I am ready to admit it. I have never seen anybody’s optimism wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment