Monday, May 11, 2009

Birthday

Though I don’t celebrate my birthday some of my immediate relatives are there to be concerned and to wish for my birthday. That is enough for me. If someone is there to care about you may want to live. Otherwise you may feel life is lack-luster or useless. I value relationship and good behavior more than anything.

Kisi ki muskurahaton pe ho nisaar
Kisi ka dard mil sake to le udhaar
Kisi ke vaste ho tere dil men pyar
Jeena isee ka naam hai….


Why do we celebrate the day we were born, every year? What is age actually? The day you were born is only your birth date, not age. Age is what you feel, not that count by years. Age should be counted by one’s health and strength. If there were no calendars or numbers there would be any age. When get old you have to follow certain rules. We have to show our age. You have to look like a mother or grand-mother. Otherwise you will get burned by others acid tongues. Fathers and grand-fathers escape form such rules. They will say, “You are old, you cannot do this or that, you should not wear such clothes, etc.” You will feel like giving up everything when old-age creeps in. Sometimes, I think why I can’t dress up like a school girl. You may think I am crazy. I turned 55 this month, look like 25 because of my thin figure, but I feel 100 because of my ill-health.

When you turn 59 the Saturn will complete the second orbit in your life. In fact, the Saturn also Jupiter reach the same position as it was at birth. 58 to 60 will be a struggling period in one’s life. Moreover, 60 years is the average life span of human beings. That must be the reason to celebrate the 60th birthday specially. If that phase passed off without any trouble you must be lucky.
When I was a school girl I had more friendship with illiterate people than educated ones. Some of them even didn’t know their date of birth. Even as a child I was curious to know everybody’s birth date. When I ask they would mention their birth by the season or month in native language. And I asked animals if they celebrate their birthday? The answer was a big NO. They have no calendars to calculate their age. Animals know only Nature and seasons and climate. Age is not Nature’s rules, but old-age is certainly.

2 comments:

  1. well Happy Bday to u.I thk ppl have bdays to get blessings and to reach 60 .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for wishing me for my birthday. I am glad to know that you are a follower of my blog. I am overwhelmed with your wisdom. I didn't even know people celebrate birthdays to get blessing until you mentioned it. I don't even check my blog until I sign in for a new post.

    ReplyDelete