Friday, October 9, 2009

Wrong, Wrong, Quite Wrong

Candy-gobbling kids grow into violent adults—

London: Willy Wonka would be horrified. Children who eat too much candy may be more likely to be arrested for violent behavior as adults, new research suggests—this is a first paragraph of TOI report.

I don’t believe in these findings. Not all candy-gobbling kids will become goblins. If some adults are violent they might be violent in childhood too. All children are not innocent as they say. One’s personality development can be analyzed right in childhood. Such aggressive, manipulative children will get what they want by throwing tantrums. Often their parents have to fulfill their whims when it becomes unbearable.

I have a sweet tooth. I would go for the dinner when I was a child only with the intention to fill my stomach with lots of kheer. I would make a lot of sweet meat in my younger days. Still like to eat sweets. But I am not violent. I believe in non-violence. I am sweet as sugar. I was a quite, obedient child. But I have to fight with my husband. It is because he is too spicy. Sugar and spice combination is not good. Spices match with salt. Often spicy food eating people are seen more violent.

Actually sweets are beneficial for children, especially for the hyperactive ones. Since sugar is a natural sedative, it will lessen their hyperactivity as they get sleepy. At the same time it is not harmful to the brain as other sedatives. Chocolates may not be good because of the ingredients, colours and preservative that use to make them, but sugar is not harmful. Children should be allowed to eat chocolates only after a good meal. Eating chocolates before meals will spoil the appetite. Most children like to eat chocolates. It is a natural desire of the body system at the time of growth. Daily intake of sweets in small amount will not be harmful unless they are genetically diabetic. They will grow tall and strong like sugarcane. Home-made sweets are better for children. But they are reluctant to eat them because home-made sweets are not attractive. TV ads make them mad. They want try out every new brand available in the market.



Johnny, Johnny, Yes, papa
Eating sugar, no, papa
Telling lies, no, papa
Open your mouth, ha, ha, ha

No comments:

Post a Comment