Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Heart's Attack

My heart was not in the mood to celebrate World Heart Day. Instead it was celebrating Navratri so as to get blessings from gods and goddesses for its health and long life. I don’t know how long my heart will be loyal to me. My heart wants to attack me even if I don’t do anything and thrash me to the bed every now and then. But it compromise and tries to get along with this madcap, me. No wonder if heart goes erratic, it has been working constantly for 55 long years. Heart is a natural pump. Any other man-made water pump cannot work for so long. This nature-made pump also will get damaged like any other man-made pump. Some don’t get good heart at birth. Manufacturing defect is possible while making any machine. Nature also makes mistakes sometimes.

I have been living with arrhythmia for 10 years. It started all of a sudden as a twitching and getting severe with years. I know there is no cure and have learnt to live with it without any medical treatment or medicine. Any medicine I take for other ailments aggravate the problem. I can do at least some household chores now. If I go for treatment, I know I will become a vegetable.


My heart tells me,
Don’t say anything
Don’t see anything
Don’t hear anything
Don’t laugh, don’t cry
Don’t think about anything
Don’t do anything at all
Without me you are a dummy
Your life is in my hands
I cannot support you for ever
I am weak and old
If you don’t listen I will leave you forever
But I don’t pay heed.

No comments:

Post a Comment